Free School Meals and BACS payments
· All payments are made only to parents/carers where a pupil is eligible for Free School Meals.
· Where a pupil is currently not eligible for Free School Meals and a parent/carers think they may be eligible, the application process must be followed and completed.
· The retrospective payment for the school holiday period in October was recently agreed by the Scottish Government.
· The Christmas Holiday payment covers the period for P1-P3 pupils eligible for Free School Meals.
· As part of the First Minister’s Winter Plan for Social Protection, the Scottish Government announced that a £100 payment per eligible child be made to families in receipt of Free School Meals.
· Children and young people receiving universal Free School Meal provision – i.e. those in P1-P3 who would not qualify for Free School Meals on low income criteria – are not eligible.
· It will only cover pupils currently eligible and applications received up until Tues 22nd December 2020 which are subsequently approved.
· Payments for any applications received on or before Tuesday 22nd December 2020 but not yet completed/processed will be made by Friday 15th January 2021.
If you have any Free School Meals enquiries please email FSMAwards@Midlothian.gov.uk
If you have any wider queries about welfare and benefits please see Council website where there are various resources to consider: https://www.midlothian.gov.uk/info/200296/coronavirus/625/council_tax_benefits_and_welfare